Get ready to pucker up! Ten minutes to prep, 2 hours to freeze, serves six and under 250 calories. This version of the Key lime pie is dairy-free, egg-free and NO-BAKE. Traditional Key lime pie uses sweetened condensed milk. The Vegan version is just as delish and way healthier.
- 1 Dairy-Free Graham Cracker Crust (or dairy-free store-bought variety)
- 2 12.3-ounce boxes silk tofu (extra firm, drained)
- 1/4 cup key lime juice (fresh), or you can use regular limes to extract juice as based on availability
- 1 tablespoon lime zest
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- Prepare the dairy-free graham cracker crust, baking the crust in a 9-inch pie plate. Allow the crust to cool completely.
- In a blender, combine the tofu, lime juice, zest (if using), sugar, salt, and cornstarch. Process for several minutes, or until smooth and thick. Pour into the prepared pie crust and place in the freezer for at least 2 hours, or until firm.
- Serve from the freezer, garnished with lime wedges. Enjoy!
- To make your own graham cracker crust, combine a sleeve of graham crackers with 1/4 cup melted vegan butter.
Recipe taken from: The Spruce Eats, Ashley Adams author
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.