“Good cheese needs good companions” – James Beard, American Chef
- 1 (8 ounce) round Camembert cheese
- ½ cup quartered fresh figs or fig preserves
- Walnut pieces to cover top of cheese round
- Fresh thyme
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Place Camembert cheese in a shallow ovenproof serving dish.
- Bake in the preheated oven until soft, about 20 minutes. Cover cheese with fresh quartered figs or fig preserves, walnuts, a few thyme cuttings and drizzle with honey. Continue baking until preserves are warmed through, about 3 minutes more.
- Serve with your choice of crackers or toasted baguettes.
- Best served with an aged port wine.
Modified recipe taken from AllRecipes.com by Helcha. ISock photo.