It’s the start of a new year, and time again for a re-energized annual dues drive… For a modest one-time $55 contribution, you help due your part to tackle the day-to-day operational expenses in Kessler Park. There are 927 homes located within our neighborhood boundary, and 25% of neighbors are carrying the financial load, and then some! Please be a good due-r. Your participation funds common grounds upkeep, safety upgrades, community enrichment, conservation efforts, utilities & repairs, unexpected mishaps, storm damage clean-up, co-operative programs, special projects & enhancements, and a host of moving parts. The yearly budgetary pie chart posted on our home page, provides a breakdown of categorized expenses. We’ve also highlighted our 2022 association goals below:
- Beautification – Implement sustainable landscape design guidelines, employing native, drought-tolerant and low maintenance plantings. Maintain 19 islands in accordance to the Momentum agreement and City of Dallas requirements.
- Communication – Maintain communication channels and transparency via timely and relevant updates to website, newsletter and on social media.
- Community – Post-pandemic return to community-building strides, volunteerism, and sponsored events.
- Conservation – Continue to ensure conservation district standards and serve as a resource for homeowners in navigating conservation guidelines as defined by the City of Dallas.
- Fundraising – Increase dues participation and additional fund-raising opportunities including website banners, event sponsorships, and merchandise sales (bricks, plaques, and branded goods).
- North Oak Cliff United Police Patrol – Bolster memberships and resident participation in private police patrol program, for just $1 a day.
- Streetscapes – Address neighborhood pedestrian and traffic improvements and safety concerns.
It’s an exciting new chapter for Kessler Neighbors United, so please be resolute in your membership pledge.
Kessler Neighbors United is a 501C3 non-profit organization that benefits all who live here. We are the acting neighborhood association for greater Kessler Park. The board is volunteer-driven, along with our many invaluable committees and volunteers who dedicate their time and energies in sustaining our very special and historic slice of the Metroplex.