This is what I call a sweetheart of a meal! Check out the recipe below for a passionate twist to the beloved Italian pie. Try topping your heart-shaped pizza crust with your fav fixings, drop it in the oven like it’s hot and serve it up with your brew of choice. Surprise your honey with a cozy night in on this Valentine’s Day. You may want to add some bling!
- 1 can Pillsbury refrigerated classic pizza crust or 1 can Pillsbury refrigerated thin pizza crust
- 1 can (8 oz) pizza sauce
- 24 slices turkey pepperoni with 70% less fat or the real thing
- 3/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese (3 oz) or your favorite piled-on cheese
- Optional: Add whatever you like – olives, red peppers, spinach, tomatoes, you name it!
- If using classic crust: Heat oven to 425°F. Lightly spray or grease large cookie sheet. If using thin crust: Heat oven to 400 F. Spray or grease 15×10-inch or larger dark or nonstick cookie sheet.
- Unroll dough on work surface. With sharp knife or pizza cutter, cut dough into heart shape, or for smaller hearts, section off dough and finesse your cutting skills!
- Add pizza sauce to heart-shaped crusts(s), spreading to within 1/2 inch of edges. Top with desired amount of pepperoni and cheese, and/or other toppings.
- Bake classic crust 13 to 16 minutes, thin crust 9 to 13 minutes, or until crust edges are golden brown and cheese is melted. For a crispier crust, prebake crusts 5 minutes, then add toppings; bake pizzas 7 to 9 minutes.
Reference material taken in part from the following sources: Pillbury.com
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.