Nothing like a douse of swamp juice to toast All Hallows’ Eve, wouldn’t you say!?! The Swamp-tini is a glistening green brew, sweet and tart with an underbelly of apple cider to add a spooky sip to your nightcap routine, dinner party or holiday event. For drama, place dry ice in a container near the tray of martinis when serving for that extra eerie fog-like effect. But beware! Dry ice should never be ingested (toxic) or directly handled (can cause burns), so use caution. Serve swamp-tinis with other scary holiday morsels. Invite a neighbor or two, and please don’t add them to the recipe!
- 2 oz apple vodka
- 4 oz apple cider
- 1 oz simple syrup to taste, if desired
- 1 oz lime juice, lemon juice or sour mix to taste
- Drop of green food coloring
- Ice (for drink shaker)
- Certified food-grade dry ice (for visual effects only, NOT to be consumed, inhaled or handled with bare skin!!!) See special effects below for instructions.
Peeled fresh ginger (potato peel a curly que of ginger flesh and set aside for garnish)
- Fill a cocktail shaker with ice, add ingredients, and shake until chilled. Serve in goblets of choice. Add ginger. It will soak up mixture and drop to bottom of glass.
- Wearing protective gloves, place dry ice in a container with a loose lid near serving station (in a well-ventilated area). DO NOT INGEST OR DIRECTLY HANDLE DRY ICE WITH BARE SKIN! Use caution.
Reference material taken in part from the following sources: yummly.com, recipe by Jennifer Tammy