Oh, that Irish fav turned trendy prime pick! Leave it to the Irish for a simple hardy dish, nutrition-packed and all the crave! Once a necessity when folks didn’t waste a thing, and now the cure for what ails you. Ready in 20 minutes, serves 4-6, add bread, garnish, radish, sliced red onions and a handful of greens. See Roasted Bone Marrow recipe below.
- 8 -12 beef bones with marrow, 3 inches long, 3 to 4 pounds total
- 1 cup fresh parsley, roughly chopped
- 2 shallots, thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons capers
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- Coarse sea salt and pepper
- Crusty bread, 1/4 inch slices, toasted
- Optional sides: Sliced red onions and radishes
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Put bones, cut side up, on foil-lined baking sheet or in ovenproof skillet. Cook until marrow is soft and has begun to separate from the bone, about 15 minutes. (Stop before marrow begins to drizzle out.).
- Meanwhile, combine parsley, shallots and capers in small bowl. Just before bones are ready, whisk together olive oil and lemon juice and drizzle dressing over parsley mixture until leaves are just coated.
- Put roasted bones, parsley salad, salt and toast on a large plate. To serve, scoop out marrow, spread on toast, sprinkle with a tiny bit of salt and top with parsley salad.
Reference material taken from the following sources: food.com, recipe by mlao77
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.