It that time of year to ask neighbors for their participation in KNU Officer nominations and the election process! Please consider active community involvement and let your voice be heard. This year’s KNU Nominations Committee is chaired by Jason Graves, Cindy Pierce, and Ron Veech, charged with preparing the slate of candidates for the 2017 officer positions. The positions and their primary responsibilities are as follows:
- President – Serves as Chief Executive Officer of the Corporation and presides at all meetings of the Board. This position is responsible for overseeing all processes and workings of the Corporation, managing information flow, forging community alliances, and serving as chief representative & neighborhood ambassador. All candidates must have a minimum of 1 year board experience.
- Vice President – Performs the duties of the President upon his/her absence, and has primary responsibility for organizing and overseeing the Kessler Krawl or other ticketed fund-raising events.
- Secretary – Records meeting minutes and is in charge of the Corporation’s records. This position also has primary responsibility for organizing and overseeing of the KNU annual picnic.
- Treasurer – Serves as custodian of the Corporation’s funds, manages all account receivables and payables, provides expenditure and deposit receipts to the Corporation’s certified public accountant (CPA), keeps the Board up-to-date on all financial matters, and assists the Corporation’s CPA in filing an annual 501(c)(3) tax return with the Internal Revenue Service.
- There are also other ways to get involved, like serving on one of the many committees that keep our neighborhood running. Consider volunteering for the Beautification, Annual Picnic, Kessler Krawl and Welcoming New Neighbors committees, or help with our on-line KNU Store order fulfillment, advancing KNU Supporters & Friends contributions, or assisting with website content. Be a part of the great things happening in Kessler Park!
Please send KNU officer nominations for yourself or a neighbor to firstname.lastname@example.org by October 28th. Nominations will also be accepted from the floor on the night of the election and general meeting, to be held on November 17th at the Stevens Park Golf Course Clubhouse at 7pm. Nominees need to be available to attend the monthly board meetings and perform the designated duties of the position as set forth in the By-Laws. The candidate slate and qualifications will be posted on the website and included in the November newsletter.